A task had been given to the house group practitioner in which she has to analyse the situation and stakeholders of the of the organisation as well as plan and come with objectives which will be evaluated in the end. Situation analysis also calls for thorough study of stakeholders’ analysis currently involve what they do, the information they know and their feelings related to the organisation’s problem. Stakeholders refer to all the groups with an interest in the organisation (Steyn & Puth, 2011).
Audience analysis relates to the process of examining information about your listeners. Analysis of audience is done in three ways which are demographics, attitudinal analysis and environmental analysis. Demographic analysis includes age, gender, culture, ethnicity, income levels and educational levels. Attitudinal analysis involves addressing to audience’s attitude, belief and values. Environmental analysis relates to the identification of all the external and internal elements which can affect the organisation’s performance (Stacy, 2003).
These are the stakeholders involved in the House Group project;
Other Christian individuals in Berea community from Brethren church, Saint Georges Anglican Church and Roman Catholic Church.
- Demographics – Christian individuals from Berea community are teenaged, adults and the aged people. Some of the teenagers are still going to school whilst the adults some of them are working class and other aged people does not go to work. Christians that have been approached by the practitioner within Berea community from Brethren church are male and female black people though they are some of the white people whom the practitioner did not manage to speak to them.
- Attitudinal- the secretary of Saint George’s Anglican Church listen to the House’ practitioner’s appeal for donations but the church did have a negative respond in which they spoke about being unable to help the organisation. Looking at attitudinal analysis some Christians at a Roman Catholic church in Berea community believe that it is a good thing if a person gives to the one in need.
- Environmental analysis- The environment of Berea community in which the House Group is situated have some people who mould girl child to become spiritually strong. Taking for instance the pastor Of Brethren church in Berea near The House Group spare some of the time having bible sessions to give spiritual guidance to girls at the House (Andiswa, 2016).
Berea local community
- Demographics-Some of the people living in Berea community have low income to sustain themselves thereby low chances of donating to the House Group. Other people within Berea community feels good in giving to the needy though some of them are unemployed. Some individuals within Berea community consists of the employed and unemployed youths as well as middle aged women and men as well as aged men and women over sixty-five years.
- Attitudinal- Some individuals in Berea community do not want to speak in English with the practitioner which is a challenge to the practitioner at some moments since there is no one who will be interpreting to English language at that moment. However they are some adults in the working class who are willing to listen when the practitioner appeals for donations.
- Environmental analysis- The House Group needs tight security since where it is situated in Berea community has high rate of theft which might affect the organisation.
Schools in Berea
- Demographic – Includes some of Witwatersrand University students both boys and girls.
- Attitudinal- Some of students both male and female from Witwatersrand University in central Johannesburg wish to help the House girls with their school and homework since they prioritise education. Berea high school and Barnato Park high school promise to give school uniforms to the House Group.
- Environmental analysis- If the mentioned schools fulfil their wishes towards assisting The House Group it will give a positive light to the educational performance of the House’ girls.
In conclusion, a use of problem statement summarises what is identified about the crisis condition. Problem statement describes the current situation of the House Group which is that the organisation is not known by most people surrounding Berea community and other people who are willing to donate. The unawareness of the target public for the House Group is due to the fact that the company lack communication with their target public who can help with donations. The problem started from the beginning of the organisation since it depends on charity. In this case, the problem involves the girls who are staying at the House Group which affect in such a way that their lives did not improve if people willing to help does not know the organisation.
ESTABLISHING A GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
Planning is preparing a sequence of action steps to achieve some specific goals. Planning helps an organisation chart a course for the achievement of its goals in which it reveals the current operations of the organisation and identifying what needs to be improved operationally in the upcoming year (Hill, 2016).
Public relations goal
A goal relates to an object of a person’s ambition or effect. Public relations goal must take sense within the context of the organisation’s bigger vision, its mission and operational goals. Statements of organisational goals, duties, values and social accountability serve two crucial purposes in public relations in which they commit the whole organisation to responsibility as well as expression of attitudes providing structure for public relations practitioners to formulate public relations goals (Broom & Sha, 2013).
The practitioner’s goal is that the practitioner created an effective awareness campaign to get donations from the community and fellow public. The House Group girls’ schools uniforms are grey skirts, trousers and white shirts short as well as long sleeved.
Public relations objectives
- After the goal is set, the following step is to find key publics, expressing objectives and determining strategies and tactics. There must be a close connection between the whole program goals, the objectives established for each of the publics and strategies and tactics selected to finish each objective. The goal must be specific, measurable, and available at an acceptable cost, relevant and time-bound (Broom &Sha, 2013). In the case of The House, the practitioner’s plan is to create a website for the company. The objectives includes the practitioner’s visit to schools willing to donate school uniforms. Advertisement of uniform drive is another objective that the practitioner aimed towards achieving it.
Objectives represent the specific knowledge, opinion and behavioural outcomes to be achieved for each well-defined public.
With reference to The House Group the first objective is the visit to five schools in Johannesburg Central that were willing to donate old or new girls’ school uniforms on 30June 2016.
- Another aim was the advertisement of uniform drive on 30August 2016 in order for high school students around Johannesburg Central business district (CBD) to donate uniforms.
- The third objective is written letters to parents and guardians of students in the high schools mentioned above asking for their children to bring old school uniforms.
- Final objective is number of required uniforms from each school which is twenty-seven as well as clothes for teenage girls that were promised by individuals around Berea community. The behavioural outcome to be achieved for The House Group is the increase in number of people contributing donations of uniforms, other thingsthe organisation needs and clothes.
Broom. G M&Bey-Ling Sha, 2013. Cutlip and Center’s Effective Public Relations. United States of America
Andiswa, 2016. Social work. The House Group
Stacy De Geer, 2003. Analysing your audience Available from http://department.monm.edu Accessed on 19 August 2016
Steyn. B&Puth. G, 2011. Corporate Communication Strategy. Cape Town South Africa